TFEs - Non-North Carolina Permitted Food Trucks
Non-North Carolina Permitted Food Trucks
Food trucks permitted in a state other than North Carolina may operate in Polk County, NC assuming all of the following conditions are met:
- Must notify Polk County Health and Human Services Agency 14 days prior to establishing operations in Polk County, NC. (Click Here to Notify Office or call 828-894-3739).
- Must have Proof of Current and Valid Permit from the state they are permitted in.
- Must have Proof of an Inspection within the 12 months prior to operating, must reflect a passing score.
- Must have proof that the commissary is approved by the permit for resupply.
- If the above conditions are not able to be met Food Truck Vendors may request a Temporary Food Establishment Permit by clicking HERE or calling 828-894-3739.
- Any Food Truck in operation in Polk County, NC may be inspected by an agency Health Inspector at any time it is operating.
- Non-North Carolina Permitted Food Trucks operating without meeting the above conditions will be asked to immediately cease operations.